Fabasoft Private Cloud 2021 April Release
Find out more about new features and improvements in the Fabasoft Private Cloud.
As end user you can expect the following new features.
The New Create Dialog
The new create dialog fits seamlessly into the cloud design and offers better usability, especially on cell phones.
The following options are available:
- Change View
Using the “Change View” button, you can specify the card view or the detail view for the selection list.
- Filter by
In the drop-down list, you can select a category (e.g. “Microsoft Office”) to narrow down the selection list accordingly. Alternatively, type a filter term to limit the selection list to entries where the filter term appears either in the name or in the assigned category.
- Selection List
The selection list is grouped by “Favorites”, “Templates” and “Object Classes”. To create an object, click on the corresponding entry. Depending on the object class, you can either enter only the name or already additional metadata.
Of course, the create dialog can also be operated completely by keyboard.
Sending Meeting Invitations Directly
Calendars allow you to manage events and tasks, and to share them with other team members.
If you have specified at least one attendee, you can use the “Create and Send” button to create the event and also send an e-mail to the defined attendees with the event as an ICS file.
- An event can be sent subsequently via the “Send Event” context menu command.
- If a sent event is updated or deleted, you can send an event update or event cancellation.
- Via the sent e-mail the event can be opened, accepted, provisionally accepted or declined. The respective status is displayed for the event in the Attendees field.
When transferring Teamrooms, define in the Access Rights of the Source Teamroom field the access rights to the source Teamroom after the transfer.
- Keep Access Rights of Previous Team Members
- Restrict Access to the Members of My Cloud Organization
- Restrict Access to the Team Members With “Full Control”
In addition, define in the Dissolve Source Teamroom field, whether the source Teamroom should be dissolved.
- Do Not Dissolve
The Teamroom will not be dissolved.
- Assign Activity “Dissolve Teamroom”
A workflow activity will be assigned to the specified recipient at the specified time.
- Dissolve Automatically
The Teamroom will be dissolved at the specified time.
- With the “Transfer Teamroom” > “Define Dissolve Period” context menu command, you can also subsequently specify whether and when the source Teamroom should be dissolved.
- With the “Transfer Teamroom” > “Open in <name of installation>” context menu command, you can navigate directly to the target Teamroom. The corresponding action is also available for objects in the Teamroom.
Digitally Signing Documents
In the course of digitally signing documents, stamps can now also be applied. An overview of the stamps provided by the organization administrator can be found under “account menu (your user name)” > “Advanced Settings” > “My Signatures”.
The “Sign” context menu command is offered for documents that have already been closed, and the “Sign and Close” context menu command is offered for documents that have not yet been closed. The “Sign” workflow activity also offers the respective work step. A PDF document with the digital signature is created and saved as final form with the document.
- In the Sex field, you can also select “Diverse”.
- Objects can be closed not only via a workflow activity, but also via the “Tools” > “Close” context menu command.
- The “Add to Template” context menu command now also allows selecting a superordinate Teamroom as template collection.
- The dialogs for saving and loading display settings have been revised and simplified.
- The application password “Application Integration (CMIS)” can be issued until revoked.
- Objects within a file can be moved by drag-and-drop.
- The Teamroom hierarchy includes all types of rooms.
- For objects, the new field Completed Activities of Aborted and Suspended Processes is available on the “Activities” tab.
- Since the result list of the Mindbreeze search is continuously updated in the background, sorting or grouping is no longer possible in favor of fluid work.
- When performing a search, additional filtering options are available in the “Refine Search” tool area (e.g. file extension, e-mail properties).
- The Fabasoft Cloud Client offers native support for the Apple M1 chip.
- LAN synchronization supports the use of multiple network connections simultaneously.
Process and Form Designers
As process or form designer you can expect the following new features.
- In expression properties of inboxes, processes and forms (e.g. Expression for Computing the Visibility) the reference documentation is shown as context-sensitive help.
- For component objects and software components, the full reference is displayed in the Full Reference field to simplify the writing of app.ducx expressions.
As administrator you can expect the following new features.
- Mindbreeze InSpire Services can be used to classify documents automatically. For a Mindbreeze InSpire service, a dedicated Mindbreeze InSpire service for feedback and a dedicated Mindbreeze InSpire service for training data can now also be defined.
- To enable the digital signing of documents with own certificates, you must store the corresponding certificates in your organization (“Advanced Settings” > “Configure Digital Signatures” action). In addition to certificates, you can also define stamps. To do this, click the “Add Stamp” button in the Stamps field. Assign a name, define the organization members who are allowed to use the stamp and upload an image as stamp.
- When you execute the “Show Teamroom Usage” context menu command on an organizational element, you first receive an overview of the Teamrooms in which the organizational element has been authorized. The “Show Teamroom Usage for Members” button takes you to the overview of the members of the organizational element.
Microsoft Internet Explorer is no longer supported. You can use Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox instead.