Fabasoft Private Cloud 2020 Summer Release
Find out more about new features and improvements in the Fabasoft Private Cloud 2020 Summer Release.
As end user you can expect the following new features.
To digitally sign documents, the following options are available.
- If your cloud organization has organization certificates that have been released for you to use, you can use them for signing. This enables you to confirm that the document has been signed by an authorized person and has not been changed since then.
- To apply a digital signature to a PDF document, click “Sign Digitally” in the context menu of the PDF document. In the workflow the corresponding activity “Sign Digitally” is available.
- In addition to the digital signature, you can apply a visual signature to the PDF document.
- Your visual signatures can be found under “account menu (your user name)” > “Advanced Settings” > “My Signatures”. You can also add or remove signatures here. You will see the organization certificates that have been released for you to use.
- To digitally sign the PDF documents of a folder, click “Sign Digitally Documents” in the context menu of the folder. In the workflow the corresponding activity “Sign Digitally Documents” is available.
PDF documents or documents that can be converted into PDF documents can be commented using an integrated PDF viewer. The comments are extracted from the PDF document and saved in a public or personal layer. Thus, the document does not have to be duplicated if you want to share general comments with other team members but personal comments should only be visible to you.
Note: This new feature is available in all supported web browsers (except Microsoft Internet Explorer) and can be used with the license type “Fabasoft Cloud Enterprise (Full Access)”.
To attach comments, navigate in the document. In the PDF preview, use the “Comment” button to open the PDF document for commenting.
- Select “Comment Privately” or “Comment Publicly” in the toolbar.
- Use the “Drawing”, “Note”, “Text” and “Line” buttons to select the desired comment type. Depending on the comment type, further options are available.
- In the left area you will find an overview of the attached comments, which you can also delete again if necessary.
Microsoft Teams Integration
A dedicated Fabasoft Cloud App is available for Microsoft Teams. The app enables you to display the Fabasoft Private Cloud on a separate tab in Microsoft Teams. In addition, in conversations you can search for objects in the Fabasoft Private Cloud and easily share them.
In the detail view, the alternatively available table editing can be enabled by pressing the “Table Handling” button (Alt + F2) in the column header. This makes the operation similar to a spreadsheet program:
- The cells are displayed with border lines.
- The hover highlighting is displayed per cell.
- Cells that cannot be edited are displayed with a gray background.
- Editing a cell is activated with F2, a double-click (fast and slow) or typing letters/numbers.
- A click on the object name does not open the object.
Filtering in Columns
In the detail view, you can enable the column filter using the “Filter” context menu command in the column header. For object, date and enumeration properties, a values filter is available in addition to the text filter. When using the text filter, all rows containing the entered string are displayed. When using the values filter, all rows that correspond to the selected values are displayed.
Generate PDF Overview on the Device
In the Fabasoft Cloud Client options, you can specify on the “Content” tab whether you want to generate a PDF view locally with Microsoft Office. If you generate a PDF view by default, you still have the option of disabling this option in individual cases when uploading in order to achieve better performance.
You can customize the view of lists according to your requirements. If you need the settings in different lists, you can save, load, copy and paste the settings via the “View” > “Display Settings” menu (the menu bar must be displayed).
If you have a template management license, you can also save display settings to a presettings collection. This way, for example, organization administrators can provide predefined display.
- When a new window should be opened (e.g. via the “Open in New Window” context menu command), the web browser setting is considered whether a tab or a window should preferably be opened.
- Drag and drop import of multiple files and folders is now possible in all supported web browsers.
- When editing columns in the detail view, the length of the input field is increased if the column width is not sufficient for the entered text.
- Appropriate object classes are available for XML documents and XML schemas.
- Follow-ups can now also be executed repeatedly.
- Signatures are only listed in the remarks if a remark was entered when signing.
Process and Form Designers
As process or form designer you can expect the following new features.
You can adapt the Fabasoft Private Cloud to your requirements by means of model-based customizing.
Note: The former “Template Management” is now part of the “Customizing”. The “Template Management” dashboard has been renamed to “Templates and Presettings”.
Here you will find a brief overview of the customization options available to you.
Nearly all objects and especially documents can be defined as templates. In this way new objects or documents based on a template can be created.
- Text Modules
You can use text modules to insert predefined standard texts into Microsoft Word documents.
User-defined forms can be used to add fields to objects for storing application-specific data. To apply logic or specific behaviors to the fields, Fabasoft app.ducx expressions can be used.
Categories can be assigned to objects and thus influence the behavior of the objects.
Processes can be individually defined reflecting your business and organizational structure. BPMN process diagrams are used to design executable business processes. Beside predefined BPMN processes, ad hoc processes can be started as needed.
- Display Settings
Predefined display settings can be provided to users who need special views on lists.
- Search Forms
Predefined search forms can be provided to users who need an overview of currently existing objects based on defined search criteria.
Customizations are managed at different levels:
Organization-wide customization is done by defining customizing collections in the “Templates and Presettings” dashboard.
Note: Organization-wide BPMN process diagrams, forms and categories are not available in an app context by default. If these customizing objects have to be available in an app context, they must be explicitly referenced in the app configuration or in the app room.
In apps, such as the contract manager, you can make customizations in the app configuration that are only valid within the app configuration context.
In rooms (e.g. app rooms or Teamrooms), customizations can be made that are only valid within the room context. You can access the customizing objects via the “Templates and Presettings” action.
Personal customizations can only be used by the users themselves. The following customizing objects can be managed at the personal level: templates, ad hoc process templates, display settings and search forms.
Release of Customizing Objects
In order to use customizing objects, they must be released for usage depending on the context.
- Customizing objects must be released if they are assigned to a customizing collection or an app configuration.
- Forms and BPMN process diagrams must also be released if they are assigned to a room.
- Personal customizing objects do not have to be released.
Actions and Context Menu Commands
The actions are available to administrators and processors of a customizing collection (organization level) or app administrators (app level).
- Release for Usage
You can create a release version using the “Release for Usage” action.
Changes can be released using the “Re-Release” action.
- Withdraw Release
You can use the “Withdraw Release” action to withdraw the release.
In app configurations or customizing collections, you can define a release process in the settings, on the “Default Values” tab, in the Release Process for Templates and Presettings field. Release processes must contain the “Release for Usage” activity.
If a release process is defined, the following actions or context menu commands are offered:
- Start Release Process
Starts the defined release process.
- Open Current Release Process
Opens the release process that is not yet completed.
- Start Release Process Again
Restarts the release process (is only displayed when the current release process is completed).
To ensure that the existing templates and presettings continue to work as expected, they are migrated automatically. Further information can be found in the white paper “Release and Migration of Customizing Objects”:
As a form designer, when you use expressions for calculation or validation, it can sometimes be difficult to identify errors in the expressions. To simplify analysis, you can now write trace output to the web browser console. To do this, you must go to the context menu of the Teamroom where the form is used, choose “Tools” > “Activate Trace Outputs” and allow trace output.
Call in expressions:
- cooobj.Trace("string", value);
The output is a JSON data record.
Context of the call (Teamroom).
Section of the expression (if available).
The text to be traced (first parameter of the trace call).
The value to be traced (second parameter of the trace call).
- Multiline form fields can be of type plain text, code or HTML.
- An expression can be defined that is executed when reading a field.
- For fields, control styles and control options can be defined that influence the presentation.
- For fields, a description can be defined that is displayed in addition to the label.
- Forms can also be used to define compound types, which in turn can be used in other forms as types for input fields or element lists. In addition to the standard display of the aggregate values, they can also be displayed as a configurable diagram.
- You can define for background tasks whether the background task is automatically suspended when the affected object is deleted or canceled and again activated when the object is restored.
- You can define for processes whether the process is automatically suspended when the affected object is deleted or canceled and again activated when the object is restored.
- The new white paper “Model-Based Customizing” uses scenarios to describe the customization options available to you.
As administrator you can expect the following new features.
Configuration of Digital Signatures
To enable the digital signing of documents with own certificates, you must store the corresponding certificates in your organization (“Advanced Settings” > “Configure Digital Signatures” action). In addition, you can specify which organization members are allowed to sign digitally with the certificates.
Note: If the use of X.509 certificates is restricted, one of the following usage types (“Key Usage”) is required: “Digital Signature” or “Non Repudiation”.
For Fabasoft Cloud Enterprise, the license type “Read Access + Comments” is also provided. This means that users who generally only require read access can still use the new functionality of commenting documents. For further information please contact the Fabasoft Sales Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The following new features will assist you in managing your organization.
- When importing members or external members, an additional import identifier (objexternalkey) can be defined in the CSV file. It is used as key if a value exists (thus enabling the update of the e-mail address that is otherwise used as key).
The UpdateOrganizationMember, ManageOrganizationMembership and UpdateOrganizationTeam web services also consider the import identifier.
- Organization administrators can define the primary external organization for external members (“Organization Membership” tab, Primary External Organization field) if the user is a member of multiple external organizations. If the user is not a member of any external organization, the field is not displayed. When the user is initially added to an external organization, the field is filled automatically.
The certificate and RADIUS settings for the external member are taken from the primary external organization. The administrators of the primary external organization are also authorized to terminate the user's external membership.
- For a better overview, the “Advanced Settings” area has been split up. Reports are now grouped in a separate “Reports” area. For example, under “Infected Documents” you will find a list of all infected documents of your organization.