Fabasoft Private Cloud 2019 Winter Release
Find out more about new features and improvements in the Fabasoft Private Cloud 2019 Winter Release.
The New Home Area
The newly designed home area offers you a better overview and a wide range of customization options.
The dashboard concept allows you to show or hide widgets, change their size and move them.
The following widgets are initially available to you:
- Personal Folder
In your personal folder, you can store Teamrooms that are important for you. The folder corresponds essentially to the previous “Home”.
- Organization Folder
Contains all standard Teamrooms of your organizations in which you are authorized.
- Teamrooms Shared With Me
Contains all Teamrooms in which you are authorized as a team member. Teamrooms that you have created yourself are excluded from this list. For a better overview, the list is structured by years and months. Via the “Integrate in My Folder Hierarchy” action, you can add the desired Teamrooms to your personal folder, to your favorites or directly to “Home”.
Note: The transfer of the corresponding existing Teamrooms to this widget takes place automatically, but may take some time after the update.
Favorites allow you to quickly access objects that you need repeatedly.
Shows your worklist.
Contains the most recently used objects and most recently sent e-mails.
- Other Dashboards
Apps that offer their own dashboards are also displayed directly on “Home”.
Customizing the Home Area Individually
The following options are available for customizing your home area:
- Show or hide widgets
The “View” menu allows you to show or hide widgets (if allowed by your organization policy).
- Moving or resizing widgets
You can move widgets using drag-and-drop or the context menu. You can also specify the size in the context menu of the widget.
- Storing objects on “Home”
In addition to the widgets, you can also copy and paste important objects directly to “Home” (if allowed by your organization policy).
- In the basic settings under accessibility, you can specify whether background images are to be displayed in the Show Background Images in Dashboards and Home field.
The “Quick Access” button on the far right of the top bar allows you to open the “Home” dashboard view and navigate to the respective element by clicking on it.
The elements on “Home” can be selected directly using the following keyboard shortcuts, depending on the web browser. If several elements have the same initial letter, the behavior depends on the web browser (navigation in an element or selection of an element).
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Alt + First Letter
- Microsoft Edge: Alt + First Letter
- Google Chrome; Alt + First Letter
- Mozilla Firefox: Alt + Shift + First Letter
- Apple Safari: Ctrl + Alt + First Letter
- Google Chrome: Ctrl + Alt + First Letter
- Mozilla Firefox: Ctrl + Alt + First Letter
- Mozilla Firefox: Alt + Shift + First Letter
Contact Synchronization With Microsoft Outlook
You can synchronize contacts that you manage in the Fabasoft Private Cloud with Microsoft Outlook. The “Open Cloud Address Book” command is available in the context menu of the Fabasoft Private Cloud notification symbol. If you have not yet assigned a password for applications, you can generate one directly. Your address book list is added in Microsoft Outlook under “Contacts” and automatically kept synchronized. With the “Synchronize” context menu command of the Fabasoft Private Cloud notification symbol, you can also perform the synchronization manually.
If you use contact management, you can add contact rooms and address lists to the address book list via the “Add to Address Book List” context menu command. This means that these contacts are also available in Microsoft Outlook.
- You can find your address book list under “Account menu (your user name)” > “Advanced Settings” > “Address Book”. Here you can manage your contacts and create additional address books.
- Contacts can be synchronized from the Fabasoft Private Cloud to Microsoft Outlook but not vice versa. The contacts are available in Microsoft Outlook as read-only contacts.
Digital Asset Management
The digital asset management offers the following new possibilities:
- The Fabasoft Cloud Client offers an extension for Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe InDesign CC and Adobe Photoshop CC to directly access the digital asset management of the Fabasoft Private Cloud. This allows you to search for images in your DAM shelves directly from within the Adobe product and embed them in your document via drag-and-drop.
- Licensed From and Licensed Until can also be defined as mandatory fields. The yellow warning triangle for an asset means that not all mandatory fields with regard to licensing contain a value.
- A description can be entered for asset shelves as for Teamrooms.
- If you register assets via an inbox, you can use the “Define Property value” action to store the desired destination shelf in the Preferred Registration Target property. This means that when you register, not the recently used shelf is suggested, but the shelf stored in the property.
- Assets that are already assigned to an asset shelf can be re-registered to another asset shelf by using the “Re-Register” context menu command.
- The configuration has been extended by the Automatically Generate Terms When Registering Digital Assets field. This allows you to define whether not already existing terms are automatically created for keywords stored in images.
Note: Registering New Digital Assets has to be enabled.
- Duplicate terms can be merged using the “Tools” > “Merge Term” context menu command. The term to be replaced is also replaced in all places of use.
- For registered assets, the Registered by field is displayed that contains the user who performed the most recent registration.
- In the properties of an asset shelf, on the "Contract/License Documents" tab, corresponding documents can be stored. These documents can be referenced in the assets.
- The following additional fields are now available in the license information of digital assets: E-Mail Address and Address.
- A subject can be entered when registering a digital asset.
- In digital asset management, the conversion of vector graphics (e.g. EPS, SVG) to pixel graphics (e.g. PNG) has been improved. For example, it is possible to scale up vector graphics.
- Search folders can be stored in digital asset shelves.
- When creating a folder, terms can be assigned directly. Terms from the superordinate folder are proposed.
- In the DAM configuration, you can define whether the displayed digital asset fields or licensing fields are mandatory fields.
- In addition to the license types for which the license text can be manually adjusted for each asset, you can now also define license types that do not allow changes to the license text.
The contact management offers the following new possibilities:
- When a Word document is assigned to a contact, organization, or user using a user-defined form, fields such as first name, last name, e-mail address, and so on, can be added to the Word document.
- A description can be entered for contact rooms as for Teamrooms.
The workflow offers the following new possibilities:
- If a BPMN process is restricted to the category of a user-defined base form, the process can also be used for forms derived from the base form.
- In the BPMN process editor, an app.ducx expression can be defined for tasks in the Expression When Completing the Activity field. This expression is executed when completing the activity.
- The activity “Execute Expression in Background” is used for executing an app.ducx expression in the background. The process is not continued until the background task has been executed.
- A wait action can be implemented using an intermediate conditional event. The process is not continued until the condition (app.ducx expression) has been fulfilled. The check interval determines how often the condition is checked.
- The inbox provides two new actions and the “Assign (Asynchronous)” action was extended:
- Execute User Defined Expression
Allows defining an app.ducx expression that will be executed.
- Extract E-Mail Attachments (Asynchronous)
The attachments are extracted from an e-mail and stored as separate objects for further processing in the inbox. The e-mail can be kept, moved or deleted.
- Assign (Asynchronous)
An existing process can be continued for the object or the file of the object after assignment. To do this, you can define activities that are automatically continued.
- An app.ducx expression can be defines as a condition of an inbox rule.
The workflow allows users to be included in the editing of business objects using processes. Processes consist of individual activities that can be processed in the worklist.
The “Processes” tab is available for objects on which at least one process has been started so that you can easily follow the process flow. An overview of the activities already executed and the current activity is displayed for each process.
Click on the process name to display the complete process with any loops and conditions. The process flow that has already been executed is indicated by bold lines. Paths that were not traversed are visualized with dashed lines.
You can use the context menu of the process elements to execute the commands allowed in each case. For example, if you have the appropriate rights, you can change the participant of an activity that has not yet been executed using the “Edit” context menu command.
Information on Personal Data
You can generate an excerpt that contains only your personal data (contact data) stored in the user administration of the Fabasoft Private Cloud. Please note that Fabasoft Private Cloud organizations manage their data themselves (user data) and that further personal data may appear in it. Personal data in user data cannot be contained in this information.
To do so, click “My Personal Data” in the account menu (your user name). Switch to the “Data Protection” tab and click the “Generate Personal Data Information” button.
Preview Images in Encrypted Teamrooms
Preview images can be displayed for Microsoft Office documents and PDF documents in encrypted Teamrooms, if the corresponding options are enabled in the Fabasoft Cloud Client (on the “Contents” tab in the Encrypted Documents field). In addition, Microsoft Office must be installed on the client. End-to-end encryption is also guaranteed for the preview images.
- Forms, categories, processes and inboxes can only be used for objects of the same organization.
- The account menu (your user name) has been restructured. In the “Advanced Settings” and “State” submenus, you will find the less frequently used commands.
- Objects that are assigned to other Teamrooms can also be used as Teamroom templates. Make sure that the team members are authorized in the other Teamrooms to be able to use the templates.
- E-mails can be stored directly from IBM Notes via drag-and-drop in the Fabasoft Private Cloud. Alternatively, the “Actions” > “Upload E-Mail (Fabasoft Cloud)” menu command can be used. This functionality is only available when using the Fabasoft Cloud Enterprise Client.
- BPMN condition expressions are evaluated with NOCHECK. This avoids evaluation errors that properties are not assigned to the object class.
- Search folders can be used to search for Wastebasket (Teamroom) in order to be able to empty also a large number of wastebaskets efficiently.
- The e-mails that are sent for security reasons when your credentials change have been revised. It is clearly stated whether the changes were made by yourself, by an organization administrator or by someone else.
- You can specify whether annotations can be added to PDF documents of a Teamroom on the “Content Settings” tab in the Allow Comments field.
- The Business Value field is additionally available for Scrum stories.
- Rooms with user data can be stored directly on Home and can also be defined as standard Teamrooms.
- The Open or Download Content on the Workstation policy is also considered in the Fabasoft Cloud Client.
Note Google Chrome From Version 69
By default, Google Chrome 69 removes tabs from memory when memory is low. When you click on a tab removed from memory, the page will reload.
This causes the Fabasoft Private Cloud to lose data that has not yet been saved. It can also happen that objects remain locked for 8 minutes.
To disable this behavior, enter chrome://flags/#automatic-tab-discarding in the address bar and select “Disabled”. Restart Google Chrome.
The following new features will assist you in managing your organization.
- The “Manage Home” policy now applies to the home dashboard. Members who are allowed to manage the home area can show or hide widgets and place or remove objects on their home. Regardless of the policy, members can always move widgets and resize them.
- The “Standard Teamrooms” folder has been renamed to “Organization Folder”. When creating standard Teamrooms, you can also specify the team in one step.
- You can define a background image for “Home” using the “Define Logo” action in the advanced settings of your organization. In the organization's policies, on the “Accessibility” tab, you can centrally manage whether the background image is displayed.
The policies provide following new possibilities.
The following new policies are available on the “Actions” tab:
- Edit Forms and Categories
Defines the members who are allowed to create, edit and release forms and categories.
- Edit BPMN Process Diagrams
Defines the members who are allowed to create, edit and release BPMN process diagrams.
- Manage Inbox Rules
Defines the members who are allowed to create and edit rules for inboxes.
Note: Since restricted app.ducx expressions can also be used in the above use cases and programmatic changes are therefore possible, only selected members should be authorized.
- The policies defined on the “Actions” tab now apply to organization owners and administrators, too.
- The policies for member administration are displayed on an own “Membership Administration” tab.
- The new policy Remove Members from the Organization allows members to be defined who might terminate memberships of members.
- The new policy Remove External Members from the Organization allows members to be defined who might terminate memberships of external members.
- The “Create Teamrooms” policy can now be defined for all locations or for each location individually.
- The “Team” tab has been removed. The policies are now on the “Content” tab.
Default Settings for Members
You now have the possibility to centrally manage the basic settings, notification and workflow settings of your members. You can define default values in the policies and specify whether they can be changed by the members. Via the “Apply Default Settings” button, you can restore the settings predefined by Fabasoft. You can also define the settings individually in the properties of the members.
The following tabs are available in the policies:
- Basic Settings
- If the organization from which a user is managed changes, the default settings of the new organization are applied to the user.
- Changes to the default settings only affect new and not existing members.
The “Apply Organizational Settings” context menu command is available for users, teams, organizational units, external organizations and organizations in order to take over changed default settings.
Due to legal regulations, it may be necessary to anonymize users. Anonymization means that the user is replaced in the organizational context in all shortcuts by a special user provided for anonymization. An example of such a shortcut is the user stored in the Created by field of any object.
Anonymization also includes saved versions and audit log entries. Closed documents and documents with a retention period are, however, excluded from anonymization.
Terminating a Membership
When you terminate the membership of a user you are managing, you can choose whether to deactivate the user. Upon deactivation, all personal data except first name, surname and e-mail address will be irrevocably deleted.
Anonymization by a Compliance Manager
The compliance managers are defined via the organizational roles. When a user's membership is terminated, compliance managers are notified by e-mail. The compliance managers can immediately anonymize the user or define a reminder for a specific point in time. Since anonymization takes some time, the compliance managers are informed of the outcome by e-mail.
Users who are no longer members of the organization can be anonymized at any time using the “Anonymize User” context menu command. The context menu command can also be executed on the organization, in particular to anonymize users who, for example, worked in Teamrooms in the context of the organization but were never members.
Deleting the User
Once a user has been completely anonymized in all affected organizations, it is automatically deleted.
Define Trusted Networks
Trusted networks are used, for example, in the validation of cookie-based user sessions. During the authentication process, a cookie is issued to identify the user session. This cookie is linked to the user's current workstation for security reasons. The workstation is identified by the IPv4 address of the network connection. The user session becomes invalid when the IPv4 address changes. In rare cases it may happen that the IPv4 address changes even though the workstation remains the same (e.g. if several proxies are involved or the IPv4 address of the workstation is reassigned). In this case, the user session also becomes invalid and the user must log on again.
However, by defining secure address ranges, a user session remains valid even if the IPv4 address has changed, provided that the new IPv4 address is within the configured range (properties of the organization > “Network” tab > Trusted Networks).
Organization administrators can define team administrators (via the “Define Administrators” action in the respective team). Team administrators can perform the following actions: add and remove members, release processes and forms for the team.
Team administrators can also be defined in the member CSV import (AdminTeamKey).
The membership administration of your cloud organization has been completely revised and simplified. Especially in organizations with a large number of members, you benefit from more efficient administrative processes.
The administration of members, external members, teams, organizational units and external organizations follows a uniform scheme. This allows you to quickly find your way around all areas of membership administration.
Lists in the Membership Administration
Lists provide an easy way to perform operations on multiple users simultaneously.
- The columns displayed by default have been consolidated in all lists.
- You can cut, copy or paste users and thus efficiently define the organizational structures. For example, you can use Ctrl + X to remove the selected users from a team.
- When you navigate in a team or an external organization, the list of members is displayed directly. You can now find the standard Teamrooms and exclusions in the properties.
Context Menu Commands
The context menu commands for user administration are not only available in organization management, but in every list of users (for example, team tool of a Teamroom). This allows you to make the desired changes without detours.
The available actions are even more specifically adapted to the respective context.
The properties of users have been grouped thematically to provide an improved overview.
In the “Add Members” dialog, existing users can be added or new users can be created. An assignment to teams or organizational units is also possible in one step.
In addition, an edition and apps can be assigned directly to new users and an invitation can be sent.
The users provide following state information:
Users can be owner, member or external member of the organization. If the state must be confirmed by the user and the confirmation is still pending, the “Confirmation Required” state is displayed.
Shows whether the user has been invited by e-mail. The value can also be manually changed to “Yes”, if the user should no longer be considered in the “Invite Members” dialog, for example.
Shows whether the user has already registered and can therefore log into the Fabasoft Private Cloud.
Members can be invited by e-mail. The following predefined recipient groups enable the efficient selection of recipients:
- Not invited members
- Not registered members
- Members with open confirmation
The “Exclude Member” context menu command can be used to terminate the membership for several members together and define a successor.
In the “Add external members” dialog, existing users can be added or new users can be created. An assignment to external organizations or teams is also possible in one step.
The import, invitation and termination of the external membership work in the same way as the use cases for members.
When you create a team, you can add existing users or create new users in one step. If the e-mail domain of the new user matches that of the organization, the user becomes an organization member or, otherwise, an external member. You can also assign an edition and send an invitation.
The dialog for creating organizational units has been revised. Only hierarchy levels that can be used in the current context are displayed. The head and members of the organizational unit can be defined directly (new users can also be created). The corresponding positions are created implicitly.
Like the membership management, the license management has been optimized, particularly with regard to organizations with a large number of members.
The “License Administration” dashboard provides an overview of available or used licenses and storage quotas.
Editions and Apps
The editions and apps available in your organization are displayed as a list. The Assignment column displays the type of assignment:
- “Manually (Default Edition)” and “Manually (Default App)”
Default editions or apps are automatically assigned to new members. Organizational administrators can also subsequently assign or change the editions or apps.
Manual assigned editions or apps must be explicitly assigned to a member by an organization administrator.
These apps offer various configuration options and roles and are therefore managed using a separate configuration. You cannot change the assignment type.
Free apps provide following assignment types:
- Free (Disabled)
The app is not available to anyone.
- Free (Default App)
The app is automatically assigned to new members.
- Free (Manually)
The app must be explicitly assigned by an organization administrator.
You can change the type of assignment using the “Use as Default”, “Do not Use as Default”, “Enable” and “Disable” context menu commands.
Navigate in the edition or app to view the list of licensed members. You can use the “Add Members” action to specify the members who are to have a license. You can use the “Remove License” context menu command to revoke the license.
Assign Editions and Apps
For members, you can use the “Assign Editions and Apps” context menu command to define the manually assignable licenses. If you select several members, you can make the assignment together.
Additional Data Required
If your cloud organization does not have all the necessary data stored, a message is shown in the welcome screen to enter the corresponding data.
- Invoice address
The organization's contact information must include a complete invoice address.
- Information regarding data protection
Specify a person to be notified if personal data protection is violated.
In addition, you have the option of entering a URL for Data Protection Information on the “Data Protection” tab of the organization's properties. This URL is displayed on the registration form for invited users.
Automatic Synchronization of the Organizational Structure
The automatic synchronization of the organizational structure or an automatic import of organization members can be carried out using an inbox and a CSV file.
To do so, create an inbox and specify in the rule the “Import Data (Asynchronous)” action. Select the target for the import and the type of import (e.g. members or organizational structure). You can download templates for the CSV files via the respective manual actions (e.g. “Import members” action of an organization).
The CSV files can be regularly placed in the inbox using WebDAV, for example.
Additional New Features
- If you select several organization members, you can use the “Edit Properties” context menu command to make changes for all selected members together. This allows you to efficiently adjust the default values for basic settings, notification and workflow settings for multiple members.
- If you terminate the membership of an external member, the external member is also shown in the “Exclusions” list.
- In particular, to add a large number of new members, members can be imported via a CSV file. Now nearly all modifiable properties of the members can be defined via the CSV file (e.g. also assigned editions).
- The properties of users, organizational units, external organizations or teams can also be changed efficiently using column editing (F2 key or Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V).
- When a member's organization membership is terminated, affected users with full control in Teamrooms and the successor are informed by e-mail. Both the e-mails and the applications for manually adjusting the access rights have been optimized. This means that also a large number of affected Teamrooms can be treated efficiently.