Fabasoft Private Cloud 2017 Winter Release
Find out more about new features and improvements in the Fabasoft Private Cloud 2017 Winter Release.
The Fabasoft Private Cloud 2017 Winter Release shines in a new look and offers an even better overview.
- In the top bar your organization logo is displayed on the left and the search field on the right.
- The “Tools” menu has been replaced in order to allow a more efficient operation. The context-independent tools “Navigation” and “Favorites” can be opened and closed via a quick selection. You will find the context-dependent tools like “Authorize Team” and “Time Travel” in the actions.
- Up to three tool areas can be displayed next to each other (e.g. “Navigation”, “Actions” and “Authorize Team”).
- The tree view can be resized to be able to read even longer entries conveniently.
- The breadcrumbs are displayed as path. This way you can navigate to an arbitrary folder in the hierarchy with only one click. If there is not enough space to display the entire hierarchy, you can open a menu on the ellipsis that contains the missing entries.
- You can define descriptions for Teamrooms (formerly known as “Branding”). The description is displayed in the content area, if you are in the Teamroom at top level.
- The presentation for devices with small form factor has been further optimized.
Have a look at the image gallery to get an impression of the new design.
Image 1: Desktop “Home”
Image 2: Opened tree view and “Team” tool
Image 3: Mobile Device
The following new features will help you in your daily work.
Working Efficiently With Long Lists
The delay in the presentation of lists with many entries belongs to the past. When navigating in a list with more than 250 entries, not all entries will be loaded at once. When scrolling through the list, entries are loaded automatically when they are needed for the displayed area. Therefore the web browser can display the shown list area much faster, which brings advantages especially when using the detail view.
When navigating with the breadcrumb or the back functionality of the web browser, the recently opened section of the list is displayed. The keyboard navigation works also smoothly. Page up and Page down change the focus to the first or last visible entry. Home and End navigate to the first or last entry in the list. With Alt + F9 you can access the column header. Alt + A selects all entries as usual. The column filter also takes the entire list into account.
Although the Fabasoft Private Cloud Web Client now optimally supports long lists, you should avoid confusing lists anyway.
With the graphical form editor you can create new forms with drag-and-drop and extend objects with new properties without programming knowledge (only Enterprise and higher).
The form editor has been completely reworked and now fits seamlessly into the familiar user interface. In addition, the accessibility is ensured and can therefore be easily operated by blind people.
Possible Uses of the Context Menu
You may know that the context menu can be opened for any entry in a list. The context menu provides different actions based on the selected entries. It can be opened with the right mouse button or a keyboard user can use the menu key or the shortcut Shift + F10.
Less well known is
- that there is also a context menu available in the window background, which can be used, for example, to change the view.
- that the context menu of the currently displayed document or folder can be accessed by right-clicking the name in the title bar.
- that you can open the context menu in the document view over a thumbnail, video or audio element.
- that you can also use the context menu on mobile devices (smartphones and tablets) with a so-called “long touch” (touch the desired area about two seconds).
- When entering a search query, suggestions are displayed. In addition, you can directly restrict the search to your organization or current Teamroom.
- The watermark functionality of Teamrooms does not require an own watermark definition anymore. The settings can be directly defined in the properties of the Teamroom on the “Watermark” tab. Existing watermark definitions were migrated automatically.
- You can define whether when finishing an activity in the worklist the next activity will be opened or whether the “to do” list will be opened (account menu > “Workflow” > Automatically Open the Next Activity After Finishing an Activity).
- Orientation of Pictures
If the EXIF information for the orientation is available in pictures, it is taken into account when displaying the thumbnails. The picture itself is not changed.
- The content property of documents is no longer dependent on native elements of the respective web browser. Thus, a homogeneous appearance is ensured.
- If possible, the infobox is displayed above or beyond the respective entry in order to prevent hiding the entry. In addition it will only be opened, if the mouse pointer is in the range of the symbol or checkbox.
- The calendar has been especially optimized for keyboard operation. Events and tasks are sorted by date. When switching to the respective list, the current event or task is selected. All current events can be selected using the “Select Current Events” action.
Fabasoft Cloud Client
- The Fabasoft Cloud Client can be fully operated using the keyboard. To get in the document overview of recently used documents, focus the notification icon and press the spacebar. Tab and arrow keys are used for navigation. The context menu for the individual entries can be opened via the menu key.
- XPS or OXPS files (XML Paper Specification) are supported and can be opened in the Microsoft XPS Viewer.
- When saving a document, the upload to the Fabasoft Private Cloud is visualized in the task bar of the operating system.
The synchronization of documents with the local file system provides following new possibilities.
Synchronizing via the Web Client
The synchronization can also be started in the Fabasoft Private Cloud Web Client. To do so, navigate in the Teamroom or folder you want to synchronize and click the “Synchronize” action. The action is only available, if the Teamroom or folder is stored in a hierarchy starting from your “Home”.
The state of synchronized Teamrooms and folders is displayed in the web client on the right of the “Synchronize” action. This way you keep track of the synchronization state also in the web client.
Deleting Local Data via the Web Client
Deleting locally synchronized files can now be initiated via the web client. Once the Fabasoft Cloud Client connects to the server, the deletion will start. This possibility proves to be particularly useful when a mobile device is lost, or when an employee leaves the organization.
Users can execute the “Synchronization” command in the account menu to show the synchronized workstations. By clicking the "Delete Data From Workstation" button, the process is initiated.
Organization administrators can navigate to the corresponding member in the organization. The “Synchronization” action also shows the synchronized workstations of the user.
- When synchronizing documents and folders, shortcuts are considered. Each document shortcut is synchronized as complete file and changes are carried out at all locations. Additionally, the status display of the Fabasoft Cloud Client has been extended.
- The bandwidth used for synchronizing can be restricted in the options dialog of the Fabasoft Cloud Client.
- If a folder contains unsynchronized documents and you execute the “Cloud Folder” > “Remove Local Files” context menu command, an error will be displayed. When you execute the context menu command again, the unsynchronized documents are removed and a backup is stored in \Users\<user>\Documents\My Recovered Documents.
- If you want to cancel the download of a too large file, you can execute the “Cloud Folder” > “Remove Local Files” context menu command on the parent folder.
- The CPU usage of the synchronization has been optimized. This has a particularly positive effect on the battery life of mobile devices.
The following improvements are available:
- Scrum projects may be excluded from the defects report.
- Defects reports can be archived after a definable period of time.
- Organizations, organizational units and external organizations can be defined as stakeholders and in the Requested by field of stories, defects and impediments.
- If the membership of a scrum team member is canceled, only the scrum administrators and not the product owners and scrum masters will be informed about the removal of access rights.
- Backlog items with status “Received” or “Planning” can be deleted by scrum administrators.
- Backlog items with status "Received" can be marked as “read” or “unread” using the context menu.
The following new features will assist you in managing your organization.
E-Mail Address for Login
The management of e-mail addresses for login of the organization members is now done by the organization administrator. To do so, the E-Mail Address for Login field is available on the “Administration” tab of the organization members.
When you change the setting, the user is automatically notified via e-mail, which is sent to the old and new e-mail address.
You can get a more detailed view of the users of your organizational Teamrooms. Besides evaluating the entire organization, the evaluation can be restricted to an organizational unit, an external organization or a single (external) member.
To show the Teamroom usage, run the “Show Teamroom Usage” action for the respective organization, organizational unit, external organization or (external) member.
External organizations help you to manage your external members in a structured way. The by default created external organization “All external members” always includes all external members, regardless of whether the members are also assigned to other external organizations. This external organization may be used, for example, to authorize all external members in a Teamroom.
In addition, external members can immediately use their assigned licenses, without having to previously confirm the external membership.