This chapter provides tips and tricks for efficient working with the Fabasoft Private Cloud.
If you have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed, it will be used for PDF previews (if accordingly configured in the web browser). To prevent that the tools pane of the reader is opened for each document, proceed as follows:
- Close the web browser.
- Open Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from your desktop.
- Disable the Open tools pane for each document option under “Edit” > “Preferences” > "Documents".
- Close Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
When you fold the tools pane to the right, it will not be opened automatically anymore.
Using Adobe Acrobat Pro
When using Adobe Acrobat Pro the following behavior may occur:
- Adobe Acrobat Pro displays a download confirmation dialog.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro may crash.
- In addition to Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Acrobat Reader can be installed. When using Microsoft Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat Pro has to be deactivated via “Settings” > "Manage Add-ons".
- Alternatively, you can use another PDF viewer. When using Microsoft Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat Pro has to be deactivated via “Settings” > "Manage Add-ons".
- In the Fabasoft Private Cloud select “View as Image” in “Basic Settings” > “Accessibility” tab > Preview in the Document View. In this case, images are generated instead of PDF previews.